Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CTI in Call Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisukcov

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2001
GB
Hi,

We have TAPI/CTI software working in our call centre and when a incomming call comes in it should pop up with the phone number in a windows on the screen, which it does BUT if you are working on any other application other that the call centre application (frontdesk) the pop up is in the background behind word so the operators cant see it. Is there any way of making this pop up come to the front all the time?

We use the tcmsetup /c (servername) method

Chris

The screenpop application needs to have code in that will bring it the front of the screen. Depending upon the language its written in it should not be too difficult. If the operating system is MS Windows then you can detect and control the applications and which have focus and are on top. Also, you can make the screenpop system modal which will allow nothing else to take focus until you have dealt with the popup (although not a recommended approach).

Sounds promising....

It is in Windows, how can i detect and control the apps that are on top.

How do i do the system modal bit also?

Chris

Rory,

Did you have any notes on the above - it would sort a long oputstanding prob for me :)

Cheers mate

Chris

Chris,

You need to use API calls to achieve this. I seem to remember SetForegroundWindow is the one you want in GDI32.dll. Best place to start (apart from searching the web for sample code) is to get Dan Applemans's Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to the Win32 Api - will give you everything you need.

I'll rummage about and see if I can find some samples I've written in the past - but its been a while!

Rory

I have some code that keeps the popup always on top, but not sure how to get it to you

Hi Paul,

Emailed to chris.page@orbit.org.uk would be great.

Try it soon and let you know how i get on

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back