Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000E - Remote site cannot call outside number or 4-digit dial anyone at the primary site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reedo

IS-IT--Management
Jul 10, 2017
US
We have a CS1000E and CallPilot 600r at our primary site and a remote shelf/cabinet at a secondary site. The two sites are linked via T1 using Nortel SR1001 routers at both ends. We recently lost all voice and fax service at the secondary site. No dial tone - nothing. I had the Telco test the T1, twice, and reported no errors or issues. After some debugging, we found that the Nortel router at the primary site was causing serious packet loss and was not healthy. We replaced that router on Saturday. That immediately brought back dial tone at the secondary site with no more dropped packets.

Issues remain after cleaning up the T1 link:

1. The secondary site can successfully 4-digit dial other users at their site, but no one at the primary site. If they attempt to do so, all they hear is silence after entering the extension and then the call terminates within about 2-3 seconds.
2. They cannot connect to their voicemail. It rings 4 times and then when callpilot picks up the call, again silence and then the call drops within 2-3 seconds. No mailbox and password prompt can be heard.
3. If someone at the primary site enters an extension for someone at the secondary site the phone rings at the secondary site successfully. When the person at the secondary site picks up. Yet again, silence and the call drops quickly.
4. Lastly, anyone attempting to dial an outside number hears silence and then the call drops quickly.

I, like many on these forums, are relatively new to the CS1000. I'm getting familiar with the dot prompt and loading overlays, etc., but still a rookie. If anyone can shed some light on these issues, or give me some things to check, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

the phones you are using at the remote site are they TDM (Analogue/digital) or IP sets? Looking at the symptoms I am guessing TDM if that's the case take a look at the status of all the DSP's Main and Remote sites as it sounds like a speech path issue.

Thank you for the response and suggestion. Indeed, these are digital phone sets with no VoIP in operation there at the remote site. I will check the status of all the DSPs at the main and remote sites and report back. Thanks again.

Same model on the replacement. Just compared the configuration with old router and everything looks good. I can ping the cards in the cabinet at the remote end. We've hired a Nortel tech this morning to help us out. Hopefully, he can restore services. Thanks

Usually, with faults like this, the only answer is to power cycle the remote kit so that it fully syncs up again.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Thanks everyone for the help. We just restored services to the remote site a few minutes ago. Turned out we had a patch cable in the wrong VLAN (TLAN, should have been on the ELAN side). Yep, that'll certainly do it. This has been a real learning experience.

That's easily done. At least you can have a good laugh about it now. Most faults these days can be something simple.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back