Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 - Option 81C - Clocking not required for VOIP only service? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

olympus41

IS-IT--Management
Sep 6, 2002
US
We have just changed ALL of our inbound & outbound calls to go over our VOIP service. We are getting ready to submit a disconnect on our OLD (unused) PRI circuits. Before I submit the disconnect, I want to make sure it is ok that I set CLOCKING to FREE-RUN. Clocking is only required when you have PRI service, correct? This should not give any problems, correct?

Thank you,

Olympus41

bhassell2000,

We have numerous POTS lines that we are going to route 911 calls over.

Thank you,

Olympus41

If you have no PRI connections, then I believe you also don't need the clock controllers, and can remove them.

My Test system is running with VoIP only connectivity with no Clocking information defined in the database.

allenmac,

That is what I was thinking. Thank you for the information :).

Thank you,

Olympus41

Why not run it for a day with everything turned off/unplugged before you order the disconnect, just to be sure?

this is common now with the VOIP boxes suppling the pri's. Either the switch or the voip box has to supply the clock. I trust the PBX over the box--so free run is correct. Make sure the VOIP box is set to clock off the PBX.

So if I set both clock controllers to FREE RUN, that will allow the PBX to clock internally, correct?

Thank you,

Olympus41

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back