Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000- Helpdesk 800 Number - Questions - Repointing to another DID

Status
Not open for further replies.

babytech2009

Technical User
Apr 22, 2009
US
All,

We have an 800 number for the Helpdesk we would like to set to a new DID, and have it answer on the first ring, and be able to accept multiple calls the calls will be sent to a greeting on call pilot. The helpdesk will be no longer but we want to set it up prior to them being removed notifying the callers of the change.

How would I go about getting this programmed as far as pick up on the first ring, and accpeting multiple callers?

Thank you in advance.

Are you wanting to eliminate the help desk and just have an announcement answer and play to the caller?

jamie2

Yes, but think they want a voicemailbox account and not application builder. If I set up the new number and put a greeting on the mailbox(will not take messages.

Would it be able to take mulitple calls and pick up on the first ring?

I know its an odd request.

You will need to use application builder and a application that play an announcement only; and then disconnects after the announcement plays.
Eazy Pezy....
30n30w

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back