Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 - Call Forward External - Desk 3904 to ATT CELL 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

babytech2009

Technical User
Apr 22, 2009
US
I have a desk phone that has call forard external allowed
configured. When I have the user forward her desk phone
to a cell phone ( Verizon, Sprint) or home phone it fowards fine. However, when I have her forward to an
ATT cell phone I get "all circuits are busy 49".

I have been trying to reseach the error code but
to no avail.

I was wondering if it is a problem with the cell provider?
Or am I missing a configuration in the PBX that would limit
it to forward to ATT cell devices?

Any ideas?

THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES ALL! CFF WORKED! LOVE THIS SITE AND ALL OF YOU!!!!!!

Just a guick question what is the difference with CFO and CFF? I read it in the manual. But why would Verizon Sprint Cell and home phone forwarding work, But not ATT cell forwarding when on CFO not CFF?

Just so I have a better understanding.

Thanks You all are DARN GOOD at what you do!

CFF means "Use the CLS/NCOS of the Forwarding TN to determine restriction in a CFW condition"

CFO means "Use the CLS/NCOS of the originating TN to determine restriction in a CFW condition"

In the case of an outside caller dialing into your system and being Call Forwarded (DCFW or CFW) back out, the "Originating TN" is the incoming trunk and the "Forwarding TN" is the Phantom.

Think of it as an added layer of protection. Now that you are OPT CFF, you just have to be aware that the only remaining layer of protection against people Call Forwarding outside is CLS CFXD

There are situations where CFF is *more* restrictive, such as when your incoming trunks must be a high NCOS.

Mato' Was'aka

Yes but the call was leaving the switch, CFF and CFO controls whether your call will receive a busy or go out the door

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Thanks Bigindian and Perrypj. Makes a heck of a lot more sense. Sometimes I wish theyd have that in the manuals.I am glad you all are here. Ive been doing this a while but always better to have some reference to go by.

I appreciate all the responses. And Im grateful there
are people out there who are willing to share the knowledge.
It helps with growing and learning more in the position.

I know it sounds cheesy but it is totally wonderful to have a site like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back