Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CRITICAL - Callpilot MENU SERVICE ONLY ACCEPTING 1 CALL AT A TIME 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

81Cadmin

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2007
CA
Last night we cut-over to a new branch system. the menu service that was configured as our main office number also moved.

The toll free was re-pointed this morning, however now CallPilot (4.0, succession 3.0) only seems to be accepting 1 call at a time, all other callers receive a busy.

The min max channels are set to 4 and 16 (in the SDN), so i don't believe this to be the problem.

This has become critical.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

During the test CP primarily used Card 1 Channel 8 (DN 6408)when answering calls from external they.

On a second set of tests it moved to another channel (card 2 channel 3, DN 6435)

REQ: prt
TYPE: tnb
TN 52 0 14 7
DATE
PAGE
DES

DES CPILOT
TN 052 0 14 07
TYPE 2008
CDEN 8D
CTYP XDLC
CUST 0
FDN
TGAR 2
LDN NO
NCOS 5
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
XLST
SCPW
CLS UNR FBD WTA LPR MTD FND HTD ADD HFD
MWD LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD MMA CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LND CNDD
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDD CFXD ARHD FITD CNTD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USMD USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN

CPND_LANG ENG
HUNT
PLEV 02
SPID NONE
AST
IAPG 0
AACS YES
ACQ AS: TN
ASID 17
SFNB 1 2 3 5 6 9 10 11 12 13 15 16 17 18 19 21 22 23
SFRB
USFB 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
CALB 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
FCTB
ITNA NO
DGRP
PRI 01
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0
KEY 00 ACD 6360 0 6408
AGN
01 SCN 6508 0 MARP
02 MSB
03 NRD
04 TRN
05 AO3
DATE 28 JUN 2008

I spoke with the carrier and they said there is no configuration on the PRI that would cause this. They also mentioned that it is the PBX which passes the code to provide caller with athe busy signal.

remove that main number sdn from cp and add it to a digital set as mcr, make 3 or 4 mcr and place your test call, if you can make more than 1 call to those mcr then its a cp issue, if you can't then its pbx or telco is lying.

Great suggestions... I will try that.

81Cadmin...this might sound stupid lets make sure the cable
that plugs into the mgate card is correct cable 1 first card
cable two second card

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

received a busy... Programmed MCR on 2 sets with 6701, first call into the pri rings, the second is a busy.

Just to clarify as i'm new to this since our engineer retired. adding an MCR will allow for multiple calls? I thought that it simply presented a call to all phones configured with the MCR?

if you have 2 mcr key with ext 1234 on each, then you can place 2 calls to ext 1234 simultaneously.

sound like your problem is not cp

place the first call, answer it. leave it tied up, place a second call, it should ring the 2nd mcr key if all is working properly.

turn on dch messaging and place your calls again, you should see the call come in and the channel they came in on, the 1 with a busy should give a reason why its being rejected.

ld 96
enl msgi xx - where xx is your dch for your incomming pri

basically, by making your main number a mcr dn, you've proven the problem isn't with the cp. now the problem is trying to isolate where the problem is on the pbx, my guess is its telco and not pbx.

I checked various options on the PBX and found that in LD 49 that IDC is not programmed. Could this be the cause?

81Cadmin...do have auto attendant and if so how is your
sdn table set?

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Its been a while since I installed a CP, but it looks like that TN is acquired by symposium, I don't remember ever doing that. Could symposium be causing the issue?

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

where do you see the TN acquired by Symposium? Also i programmed a standard set and a PRI call doesn't even hunt to voicemail if the DN is in use. All local (onsite) calls to the 4 digit extension work fine in all cases.

I've been involved with Nortel cert tech support and they haven't identified the issue, other than they think it's something on the PRI. I'm waiting to get some indication on what to tell my carrier to check in the PRI Carrier configuration.

Thanks all, this hasn't been a good week. I've been dealing with a 2 day PRI outage at one site, a rightfax loop that keeps disabling and now this problem... gesh... I need this site up and running Monday.... Anyone hiring, cause I may need to start looking (LOL?).

:(

Thanks to all who posted and provided assistance. The issue has been resolved and was isolated to bad programming on the DID and Outgoing routes. The min/max levels were 0/1.

It seems the problem has been there since the PRI's were installed. I don't handle the PRI configuration myself as it is not in my skillset.

It's now fixed.

Cheers to all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back