Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

credit card swipe machines 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

notbrokedontchangeit

Technical User
Jun 21, 2005
GB
Hi,

I have two questions that I hoped I could get some answers for.

1) I have just upgraded my old G3R switch to CM3.1.3 and we now have problems with the PDQ card swipe machines in that they don't work. I have the codec set to pass-through and can make fax calls no problem and have made modem calls via my laptop but the PDQ machines just keep failing to make calls; in that I mean they dial out but don't connect with the distant end. I moved them to the same port network but again they still have the same fault.
I have changed the tn2215 to the latest vintage and that has not helped; I have also chased the manufacturers but they will not help.... Any advice???

2) I also have an incoming call problem whereby we get a dtmf tone when a call comes into one department. We think it may be the provider but are not sure. The system features are fine and there are no tones set on the switch.

Thanks in advance

I had a similar issue when a fax call went over a VOIP link.... We fixed it by updating the medpro firmware...

Before the update...if the call came into a trunk that was located in the same port network as the fax machine it would work.

Thanks,

Wildcard

funny thing that tone u get because we have a couple of sites that dial a tone on out bound calls after about 1.5 seconds youhere a tone.Avaya know about this and there is a patch available. Dont kow if thismight be related.

Thanks for the advice.

Point 1 can be closed as Provision didn't make the changes to the upper and lower bounds causing the analogues to disconnect later than they should have. I changed them and all is okay now.

Point 2 is still a problem however...

I get a tone when a call is made to an agent and have replicated it via a spare trunk. I can only imagine that it is a provision error again but can't seem to find it anywhere; any suggestions?

make sure the ext is type K2500 (data) better quality try making the call to the Predit card processing centre go over a non IP trunk, ch ARS ANA

I am still having an issue with this tone; the call is made and goes out to a carrier then when it is picked up by an agent the agent gets a tone in his/her ear.
It is a single DTMF tone but frustrating as it wasn't there on the old system. I could trawl around all of the system settings and have done most of them but can't find the answer; any ideas?

notbrokedontchangeit,

How's the status of your problem now? Please try also to isolate the problem on the CO trunk cards if your using analog trunks.

hi alamkotoh,

I have got somewhere with this; the switch is sending a # as the speed dials are the problem. Because it is waiting for another digit I have to put # suppression on the trunk group to stop the tone.
I am not convinced this is the correct way as on the old switch it is not set up this way and they did not experience the tone before migration.
I am also concerned about the toll fraud risk when the # suppresion is put on.
Cheers

The next update is as follows:

The DTMF Tone; Avaya have just told me there is a patch for this so watch this space and I will update this thread as to whether it fixes the problem.

The PDQ problem has reared its ugly head again; it is a Barclays cardmate type PDQ machine. It will not work on the switch; we have moved a different PDQ to that ones port and made a call out and it works fine but when we have put the offending PDQ on a DEL it works every time, so it's not the PDQ. Anybody seen this before - does it need yet another undocumented patch? We have another ten of a different type and they work fine; if any one can think of anything that may rattle my brain cells in to gear I would appreciate it...

Thanks

Mick

Update - We blamed it on the machine and kept it on the DEL so not really a resolution but fixed anyway and a happy customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back