Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating phantom ext in mitel 3300

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel1218

Technical User
Feb 21, 2013
US
Im wondering how to create a phantom ext on a mitel 3300 for purpose of VM to email on my MAS server. Only options in form are IP device only, Hot desk user, or one of the ip sets? I just need estensions for VM there is no phone for these.

BTW the ext has to have a name associated with it as to be accessed by the dial by name directory

Create a pkm on a set then add a key and reroute it. Or do a device only and reroute that.

As of release 5 you can now desigate the licensing that a station consumes.

Any set that is designated as Trusted will not consume a license but can be used for phantom purposes. I havent found a gotcha yet.

With Key assignments, nod to M1Tel, they have been the only way until recently but historically have been hard to understand for the common user and have on occasion been dificult to change or delete. (or worse, accidently deleted along with the host set)

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

We have done phnatom PKM on a set but also did a phantom per node full of ONS cards.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Im a co-worker working w Daniel1218 and We appreciate the sugestions my only concern is in the help form for FULL SERVICE it says this Note: When programming directory numbers for NuPoint UM, select "Full" as the Service Level. Selecting any other Service Level (such as "Trusted") will prevent the NuPoint ports from registering. If this problem arises, you must reconfigure the MCD and restart the NuPoint server. And under TRUSTED it says that it does not support UC advanced. on this install we have 400 extensions that do not need sets they just want to go to VM and directly to email while still being accessed by the DBN directory. We are using a Nupoint server with uc advanced to do the email notification. so im thinking the PKM key assignment is our only option but will those exts let us assign names and be able to be accessed through the dbn.

The Full and Trusted settings only apply to the device in question not the system.

Your SW must be older as Nupoint now requires trusted ports.

If your system has the trusted option, and you use it, it will not affect other phones.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

The Nupoint DBN directory is built from the names assigned to the mailboxes so it will not have anything to do with the keys you use to forward to the Nupoint. If you want the names to appear in the MCD tel dir then you would need to assign names to keys. As kwbMitel says the trusted setting apply to devices not the keys on the PKM.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back