Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a vector to remotely change policy routing percentage 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maya97

Technical User
Sep 10, 2007
US
Good Morning,
I would like to have a team within the Call Center to dial a VDN and be prompted to make a selection 1 for 50% internal and 50% external call center, 2 for 40% internal and 60% external, so on and so on. Once the make the selection it will then activate a policy routing table to become active. Is there something I can do such as using variables to make this happen?

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=8a2334a0-f560-4905-891d-b5787d11a82a&file=Policy_routing_to_tek_tips.docx
I never even knew policy routing tables existed! That's pretty cool.

It would appear that you cannot directly set a variable to assign that percentage in the policy routing table, but...

What if you have a separate vector your people can call in to "collect 1 digit for A" and set A to 1 or 2 or 3 as a global variable.

Then what if you had a VDN/vector front end your call flow, and you make 3 policy routing tables for the percentage splits you want. If A=1, go to a VDN with policy routing table 1 that splits 50/50. A=2, hit the 60/40 VDN, etc.

I'm really not sharp with my variables in vectors, but I'm sure you can figure it out with either global variables or the variables in vectors feature or something.

You are so right 2 heads are better than one thanks that was a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back