Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a VCM Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdaley1980

Technical User
Oct 19, 2010
US
I'm very new to IPO 500. Can someone walk me thru crating a vcm channel so I can have 2 avaya IPO 500 talk to each other back to back. I current ly just have the 2 control units with a Combo card on each one. The combo card has 6DS, 2 Analog lines, 4 Analog trunks and 10 VCM channels. I've figured out how to get them to talk using the analog trunks but not the VCM. I also don't have licences for any of the other trunks. Thanks

Create an IP trunk on each side. The gateway addres in the IP trunk should be the address of the other control unit. Be sure to add IP routes.

do you have voice networking licenses? If not you wont get them connected over IP.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

He must have a R6 so that would be a "Advanced Edition" licence.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Forget my post.....getting sleepy here.....:-(

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

So theres no way to connect to another IPO without getting a licence other than analog trunks?

You could do it digitally with PRI cards and licenses.
You could buy 406V2 R5 with PRI cards and no licenses.
You could buy 406V2 R4.2 with VCM cards and no licenses for IP trunking.

You can.

Add a new H323 line on both IPO's

IPO1; change the in/outgoing group ID to 21
Gateway addr is the IPO2 ip
Supplementary service: None
Untick allow direct mediapath.
Extension number 1xx
Create SC 2XX/Dial/2N/Line id 21

IPO2; change the in/outgoing group ID to 22
Gateway addr is the IPO2 ip
Supplementary service: None
Untick allow direct mediapath.
Extension number 2xx
Create SC 2XX/Dial/2N/Line id 21

No IP route needed for this if the are in the same network.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Bas i think you would still need valid Voice networking licenses for this to work. if you dont have them the trunk will show as disabled in SSA.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

I am facing one way speech issue after the up gradation of the system from IP 406v2 to IP 500v2.there are 9 sites connected. some location having media server and some location having the IP 403. The issue is both can call and even ringing from both sites but after pick up the hand set called party (destination whom calling) can’t hear the voice while calling party( source) can hear the voice..
Could you please clarify any extra license are require or compatibility issue with the IPO systems because the one way speech issue are going on between IP office sites . From The IPO 500 V2 to any media server sites calling are fine but only the problem one way speech with the IP office
I am waiting your response.

I am facing one way speech issue after the up gradation of the system from IP 406v2 to IP 500v2.there are 9 sites connected. some location having media server and some location having the IP 403. The issue is both can call and even ringing from both sites but after pick up the hand set called party (destination whom calling) can’t hear the voice while calling party( source) can hear the voice..
Could you please clarify any extra license are require or compatibility issue with the IPO systems because the one way speech issue are going on between IP office sites . From The IPO 500 V2 to any media server sites calling are fine but only the problem one way speech with the IP office
I am waiting your response.

praveend
1) Start a new thread for a new issue
2) you have a routing issue
3) This is not a licence issue

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back