Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a Hotkey 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwkranger

MIS
Nov 6, 2002
US
I want to create a hotkey for Apply filter (F8) and filter by form(F7). I'm not quite sure how to do this in access. (I am familiar with VBA, VB, VBscript) If someone can help I'd greatly appreciate it. Also, I'd like to know about operation overloading with redefining characters (ie make % to mean *(wild character))if it can be done in VBA and maybe a small example. Thankyou.

For the hot keys, just create a Macro called AutoKeys (must be that exatly). Map the keys you want to the function you want. Don't know how to "override" system default variables though... Please remember to give helpful posts the stars they deserve!
This makes the post more visible to others in need! [thumbsup2]

Robert L. Johnson III, A+, Network+, MCP
Access Developer/Programmer
robert.l.johnson.iii@citigroup.com

{F1} is the default for Help. I created the Autokeys macro and it runs the code associated with the key pressed. It may be fairly safe to say that the autokeys macro overrides/takes precedence over any defaults. If I need to be corrected, please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back