Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a booking between two values specified in a form

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuartyates

Technical User
Mar 19, 2005
GB
Hi, I would be very grateful if some people could give me some opinions on how I should go about solving the following if I explain the situation:

I would like the end user to be able to enter a start seat number and an end seat number on a form (typically frmMakeBooking). Upon the click of a button I would then like the seat values between these two seats to be added to the tblBookingSeats table; which means that a customer then has a booking. (All seats are already stored in tblSeats). I though perhaps I may need to use an append query, but was wondering if there was any form level processing I could use?

Perhaps it will help if I post my database. You must get to the form frmMakeBooking via the form frmBookaFilm(NewCustomer) due to an On Action event.

Please have a look if you can. Get back to me if I'm not being very clear.

My databse is located at (It is too large to attach!)

Thank you!!

Stuart,

Your link doesn't work

Dean

"The most overlooked advantage of owning a computer is that if they foul up there's no law against whacking them around a bit."

Didn't know Stoke on trent had a film theatre!

Program Error
Why is it, I still think in terms of spectrum BASIC!

How about creating a form with all the seats on it as they are laid out in the theatre and showing all the seats available which arnt booked (in an a option frame). Then get the customer to click on the seat numbers they want and upon closing the form they are appended to the the end of the booking table

Or is this too adventurous for what you are doing.

Program Error
Why is it, I still think in terms of spectrum BASIC!

ProgramError I would love to be able to do that, I just don't think I have the necessary knowledge. HOw would I make multiple selections, how would I link this so the values were recorded in the table, how do I get the button to change for seats already booked.

This way would be ideal, I'm just not sure if it's too far out of my skill base. Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back