Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CPND on KEY 04

Status
Not open for further replies.

mswade

MIS
Mar 28, 2012
US
Hi all, I'm new here so if this is in the wrong place just let me know. I'm also new to supporting an Option 11. Here's my question. I had a VP request that his Admin see that he is on his phone when his office door is closed. So I added his DN to key 04 on a 3904. Now he wants her to be able to see that he is on his phone but not who he is talking to. Is there a way to shut off CPND on just that key so she can see he is on his phone but not what number he is talking to. Thanks in advance, Mark

I assume you are referring to the 3904 key 4 being able to see CPND on incoming calls? If so you have likely programmed key 04 on the 3904 as SCR. If you change this to SCN (single call non-ringing) the 3904 will still see when the DN is in use but will the key will not ring (and CPND will nto be displayed) when the key 4 DN is dialed.

That is exactly it!! I'll get the lingo down asap!! That is excellent! I can't thank you enough and you have just made the VP very happy!! Thanks again riteeh!

Well not sure what happened but I can see it is now SCN instead of SCR but when I call his number my phone number still shows up on her screen. Is there a way to have it not show up? Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back