Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP100 dead? (Port lights flashing quickly) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehrzad

Vendor
Mar 9, 2015
US
Hey guys,

A customer of mine has a callpilot100 v3.0 that seems to have stopped working over the weekend. When I arrived, both LEDs by both ports (1 & 2) were flashing very quickly nonstop, and when trying to access the VM/AA using F981,F983, etc. I get the dreaded inactive feature. I tried rebooting both the callpilot and the MICS alternately and in every combination thereof. Now, everytime i plug the power into the CP, the port LEDs blink once for a split second, and then nothing, no lights ever again. If I fiddle with the power plug just right, both port lights just start to blink very quickly as they were when I first showed up. The power adapter is the newer 8v, and i get no output via a console connection to hyperterminal, putty, etc. Any Ideas?

Thanks!

If you have another power supply i would try that first

hmmm, I don't have one with me here at home atm, but we've got a few of em at the office i believe, so i'll be able to give that a whirl tomorrow.

Also, i forgot to mention, but i tested the current power supply using a multimeter, and it puts out a steady ~8.7 volts.

Also, i forgot to mention, but i tested the current power supply using a multimeter, and it puts out a steady ~8.7 volts.

That doesn't mean it's 8v under load.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

I have tested some also that were with in the same range then replaced power supply and it booted right up.

I appreciate all the advice and help from all of you!
One thing i noticed is that on the inside of the cover/door of the CP, there's a very fine coating of black powder/dust right in the center about 2" across. The thing that worries me is how black the dust/powder is, not just gray like normal dust would be. Leading me to believe it got fried/zapped/bricked at some point when they had a power surge/brown-out/whatever. Also, nowhere on the machine has that "burnt electronics" smell to it, so i dunno. I ended up sending it off to our vendor who also happens to do repairs, just waiting on them to diagnose the issue and lemme know what the issue is/whether it can be repaired.

I have seen a lot of Norstar systems (more so the 6X16's) with a little black dust....almost like it is magnetized onto the plastic.
Must be depending on environment and manufacturing as well as stranger things like this:

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back