Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP AA

Status
Not open for further replies.

harlee1958

Programmer
Sep 18, 2014
US
I am trying to setup CP with night service for the receptionist. I have everything working (ns and day msg) but I cannot get my night message to play. When I hit the ns btn I still get the day msg.
I went into:
Company Greetings
Day recording--AA/company greeting/cg1/commands/made day recording
Night recording--AA/company greeting/cg2/commands/made night recording
Greeting Tables
GT1/GT 1 setup/Greeting I choose 1 for morn/aftern/eve Grt2 for non
The CCR Tree I choose is 1 for all
I AM TOTALLY CONFUSED WHEN TO USE THE AA AND THE CCR can some one PLEASE, PLEASE help????
All I want is a day greeting 8-5 and a night/after hr greeting with the option to use NS when needed (which I have working).

Thank you so much in advance!!

You cannot force a message to play with exception to Non-Business via F982, you would need to make sure greeting is recored and that Table/Non-Bus is told to plat that greeting.
All other greetings will play when they were told to play in Table/Schedule

On the KSU you program a Service Mode key and if you make the DN of Voice Mail ring then AA will answer when Service Mode (Lunch, Eve, Night etc) are invoked.
Service Modes only tells when a DN should ring/answer, not what greeting should play.

Service Modes are programming of the KSU and not the Voice mail system, two different softwares.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Ok, still. I want my callers to hear a day message that has options press 1 for this press 2 for that press 3 for whatever. Do I need to set/program AA and the CCR or just the CCR and no AA?? Thank you for your response. Oh, when I call into the system I do hear my day msg, but when I press the NS btn instead of the night msg I still hear the day msg. I do have to different msg's recorded. I have even played with the changing of the hrs under greeting table. Im confused if I need both AA and CCR in oder to have my msg w/options play????

AA is Auto Attendant which can answer with pre-greetings before CCR greetings or just use AA as simple greeting without the single option choices.
It is also the backbone of CCR because it has all that programming you see in Table.

CCR is Custom Call Routing which is the single digit options and the more complex part of programming....we usually recommend Admin training for an hour or two to understand it.
If you read the "Setup and Operation Guide" you might have better understanding after reading this.

"Oh, when I call into the system I do hear my day msg, but when I press the NS btn instead of the night msg I still hear the day msg"

As I already said, NS (KSU programming) will only tell the AA/CCR (Voice Mail) to answer right away.....as in over ride the normally 4 rings that most sites use as a backup to reception.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Ok I will read "Setup and Operation Guide" and I greatly appreciate your help.
Thank you,

On a Modular ICS 6.1 System Coordinator Guide, can I program a analog phone as a hotline phone???

Thank you in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back