Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP 201i CLAN connected but not talking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 30, 2008
US
I have an option 81c with cp rls 4.0. User stopped being able to access mail via LAN. Clan shows connected, but I am unable to ping IP address. System has been working since 2006. Any ideas?

is the ip address the customer is using correct and
the same as what is in configuration wizard?

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Yes the IP's have not changed. I have also changed the card to another loop and card slot and I have replaced the NTRH0912 cable. I have not replaced the hard drive or the card itself yet. Also we have changed the connection on the customer LAN. Could this be software corruption or a CLAN port gone bad?

give this try get into configuration wizard and re-run
configuration wizard when you come to languages and prompts
check the skip bullet and continue thru when ask if you are finished ok the reboot server you do have the server login
and password i hope.

strmwalker

I will try this after hours and let you know. Unable to do now as this is a school system.

CallPilot 4.0 had this issue early on. Update all the patches. The only way to get this working again is to reboot the server. It will work for a while but it will quit again. I'd be willing to bet that the modem does not answer right now either.

Signature===========================================

Aastra Authorized Reseller

tnphoneman that was what i going to do next if re run
config wizard worked was to tell them to post the peps
because i think they are outdated

strmwalker

re-running config did not work. even tried changing IP address to one customer gave me. then tried to flipp ELAN and CLAN in config. no dice. you say this is a known problem with nortel? nice of them to keep customers apprised of this.

can you list and post what peps you have on the callpilot
server?

strmwalker

here are the current PEPS:
CP40404SU01S
CP404S01G11C
CP404S01G12S
CP404S01G17S
CP404S01G18S

you are way outdated with peps here are latest and greatest
in the ORDER TO BE INSTALLED.
CP40404SU04.EXE DO NOT RESTART SERVER
CP500S02G23C.msi AFTER THIS PEP GET DONE RESTART SERVER
CPDSKPEP001S.msi THIS MAKES SPACE ON C: DRIVE WHEN DONE
RESTART SERVER.
CPSECPEPSP2S.msi THIS SERVICE PACK 2 WHEN DONE RESTART
SERVER.
CPSECPEP010S_v02 THIS IS HOTFIXES WHEN DONE RESTART SERVER

strmwalker

I re-loaded PEPS but it did not work. get message on re-boot that one service or driver did not start and or load.
This is also affecting time given on delivery of voice mail. If time zone is set for East coast Atlantic, it winds up being 1.5 hours later on message even though clock shows correct time. If time is set for Canada East coast, -4:00 GMT it shows being a half hour later. This system also has original hard drive Nortel came out with and not the 60MG they use now. It is almost like the drive is corrupted and can't find the NIC driver for the CLAN. New card did not fix either. Have not tried with new drive. Is this possible to have a corrupted drive cause this situation? Thanks everyone in advance.

Have you tried giving yourself a static IP the connecting with a crossover cable directly to the Clan port.

Check the IPsec service in services.msc

This service should be started.

If this service is not started then looks like you need to re-register the Policy Store .dll file.

Check event viewer. Think the previous poster is on the right track with the IPSec issue. There was a known issue with IPSec service that it goes into trusted mode or something like that and will only talk to stuff thats trusted. ie nothing.

Look in knowledgebase about the solution for this I cant remember off the top of my head what it is cause I havent seen this is ages. Thought the newer peps sorted this issue out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back