Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Covering to VM from attendant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2john2

Technical User
Jan 6, 2005
US
My GM wants all calls to his personal extension 1102 to route to the attendant if he doesn't answer in three rings.

Done.

If the attendant doesn't answer, then it goes to the VM for 1102.

Done.

If the attendant *does* answer, and the caller wants the GM's VM, the attendant needs a way to send the caller directly to it.

Not done.

I have a hunt group set to an auto-attd in Audix, and this works for all personal extension by using the transfer function. The attendant console doesn't have a transfer function though.

I've read a lot about programming a button to autodial a feature access code, and I have that code, but I can't see how to get that button onto the attendant console. I tried using and autodial with the FAC in the dial field, but it didn't work.

It's a definity G3V9i.

When that starts working, I have to do the same thing on our other system which is a R012x.

Any suggestions?

No help on this one? Everybody probably thinks that it's really obvious, and I'll probably slap my forehead when I figure it out.

Never heard of an attendant with no transfer capability, are you sure about that? If its a 302 console, they would use the start button to transfer the caller to your auto attd.... what kind of phone does the attd have?

It's a 302 console.

I added a button "goto-cover". and we can't figure out how to use it.

There is also a button "abrv-dial list: 3 dc: 01" List 3 is system, DC: 01 is the VM subscriber that is set to auto-attd.

if the attendant presses that button, he gets the auto-attd recording "please enter 4 digit extension" and if he enters that extension, it goes directly into that extensions VM. It works the way it should.

But.. we can't figure out how to make a caller transfer to either of those buttons.
"auto start" is on

I had him try:
Press "start"
press the button for "Direct to VM"
Enter extension number
Press "release"

We also tried:
I called the extension, let it ring and time out which sends it to cover, attendant is the first coverage point.
The attendant answers, and I ask him to try pushing the "goto-cover" button. It does nothing.
I ask him to:
Press "start"
Press "goto-cover"
press "release"

it does nothing.

My GM is being a bit bossy, and he's not happy that he might miss a call.

I offered to forward all his calls to his cell phone, but he didn't like that idea.

As long as you have the GM's extension in the auto attd as guest greeting, all the attd has to do is press start, <auto attd>, start to complete the transfer.

Start <auto> Start.

huh. Well, we'll try that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back