Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

covered call not going to voice mail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 11, 2000
US
I have an ext (564), that will cover to another ext (525) if nobody picks it up. If nobody picks it up at 525, it should cover to 525's voice mail. This is not happening. If I call 525 directly, and nobody answers, it works fine. I am using a coverage path for 564 that redirects it to 525.

Calls to 564 will not go to voice mail at 525, because 525 was not the number dialed. They will fall back and go to voice mail at 564.

Hi,

If the call is for 564 and it follows a cover path, it wont then take on the next extensions cover path.

you should set up a second point destination in the cover path for 564 to voicemail, the call will then be delivered to the mailbox for 564 (who the call was originally for).

Also have a look at 'cha sys cov' for coverage / forwarding options - beware this is system wide affecting.

hope this helps

Wow I have never got answers back so fast. Thanks. So if I change the cha sys cov / Forward / Call Forward Override to Yes, Will this make it happen? What are the negative consequences of doing this?

no, this is for calls that have covered will then follow the call forward destination if it has been set by the user covered user.

there's a difference between call forward and call coverage.

best thing to do (it's what i do) is get a few extensions and play around with the setting and see how it affect the covering/forwarding. remember to make a note of your original settings.

if you want all of station 564 calls to go to the VM of 525 you can redirect that in your audix by using the change auto-attend-routing routing-table comand. it is all or nothing though. or if you have this happen at a certain time everyday you can set it up for that time or even set the coverage time-of-day to cover to that station

You can also use a VDN as the second point in the coverage path.

New Vector:
wait 0 seconds hearing silence
messaging skill 99 for extension 525
stop

New Vector assigned to VDN 123.

New Coverage path:
Point1: 525
Point2: v123

Susan
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls, and looks like work." - Thomas A. Edison

In a previous post...

The way I got this to work was to add an entry in remote coverage: 9xxx4446, and assign as the next point of coverage: r1...then when the call rolls to the station it will go to that stations voicemail...

Hope that helps?!

display system-parameters special-applications

(SA8623) - Chained Call Forwarding? y

hi dhborchardt

if you have enough money to activate this :) ... then it works fine

regards tim

With best regards
Callmaster

Yeah that was in the previous thread also...I just didnt link to it...

Actually i am trying to get my boss to purchase it now...waiting to hear back from the BP...it supposedly costs less than $1.50 to activate...

Dennis

If you change the system features option in your Intuity to enhanced cover 0 your call will cover to the covering points mailbox, however, this is a system wide feature and will affect everyone covering to a station.

The easiest way to do is, is by the option that Susan posted.

This way you have it all under control.

Just use a vdn and vector.

Make a cov. path to 525 and the vdn to the audix of extenion 525.

The option that Susan posted is how we do it here as well,, with one twist...

we set V1 in the vdn for the persons extension #

in the vector we do a messaging skill 99 for V1

that way we can have as many users as needed, and use one vector....

I may have found an easier way round this.

In my case extension 2001 covers to 2002 I wanted this to then cover to ext 2001's voicemail.

In the coverpath I put in 2 new steps after covering to 2002 it covers back to 2001 & then covers to C99 which is coverage path 99, this routes to Audix.

Works for me so hope it helps someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back