Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coverage to another users voicemail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

saspurs

MIS
Sep 5, 2000
GB
Hi,
I was hoping that someone would be able to help me on this.
What I am trying to setup is for a managers phone to be diverted to his secretary and then if she does not answer to go to her voicemail.
Its obviously easy enough to send back to his Voicemail but he does not have it and does not want it setup.
Also I know it is not possible for a coverage path to pick up another coverage path, so I am a bit stumped.
Any ideas??

The easiest way is to write a little vector,

messaging skill xx for extension xxxx
goto step 01 if unconditionally
stop

Make a coverage path that first points to the extension, then to a VDN pointing at this vector.

Rob

Or in the name field place the extension where you want the call to terminate if not answered, but with the managers name.

Set the last coverage point to be voicemail. The do a "change subscriber" for the secretary's mailbox. Add the manager's extension in the field "secondary extension". This should do what you're asking. -CL

Thanks for your replies,
The site that I am at has an Octel voicemail and I cannot seem to get these options working with the Definity. However at another site where we do have an Audix they seem to do the trick. (unfortunately not where I want it to work though) Am I correct to assume that you need an Audix system to get this working?

Does your Octel integration require the user's extension to be defined as the first 4 digits of the name field? If so, you could just put the secretary's extension # in the name field of the manager's extension. -CL

Lopes works a treat, got it going as you said.
Thanks a lot.

I need to send a call following a coverage path to the voicemail box of the last point in the cov path and not the originating extension.
I have a def. G3V8 and Definity audix R4.0.
There's no vectoring in the pbx and no secondary ext field on the voicemail subscriber form.
Is there another way to do this?

Does you audix have the command "change auto-attend-routing routing-table"? This is where you can define calls to a certain extension to go to another.

-CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back