Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coverage Path Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

chance428

Technical User
Oct 25, 2011
US
I have a station that customers use to call in on. I have that station going to a coverage path with 6 stations in it. That part works fine.

Here is the question.
If the person on the first station in the cov path goes to lunch and she wants to forward her phone to someone that is not in the cov path will the forward work and if not is there a way to make it work?

I understand if she leaves it will go to the next point in the cov path but while she is at lunch there will be only 5 stations manning the phones instead of 6.

As usual thanks for your help.

Are these phones in a cover answer group so they all ring at the same time ?? if not will that option work for you ??

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

As stated above they are in a coverage path (where they jump from one to another) not a coverage answer group (where they all ring at the same time). A coverage answer group will not work in this situation.

when you say they are in a cover path thats fine , but what destinations are set in the cover path just direct to sta number ??

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Ok well in that case you are correct forwarding a phone will remove it from coverage and potentially send it to the stations own coverage path(you will have to test that).

I guess you could create hunt groups with different groups of phones in to cover a scenario for each individual set , so six hunt groups with 7 stations in each and apply the hunt groups in your cover path instead of stations , that way if somebody forwards it will always hit a destination with six stations in it (as long as two people in the same group don't forward at the same time) , a bit messy but i don't see another way of achieving what you want

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

I really appreciate you taking the time to give me some suggestions. Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back