Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coverage Path Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

smisito

Technical User
Sep 23, 2010
US
Hello all,

This may be an easy one, but I haven't figured this out yet. I have implemented a CAG and everything is working as planned, except I want to kill the ringing to the stations after 5 rings. I have tried to set the number of rings to 5 in my coverage path, but the phones do not stop ringing. Does anyone have any ideas how to have the call die after X rings and not point to another hunt group, cover or announcement?

Thanks!

Calls to a coverage-answer group will ring until the call is answered or the caller hangs up. Why do you want to hang up on your callers?

Susan
You can have it all. You just can't have it all at once.

This is an internal hotline and not published. The manager would like the call to cease ringing after 5 rings without a voice mailbox. So far, I can not find a way to do this.

Thanks.

create a cover path that rings the CAG then after 5 rings covers to a station that is set up with a COR which has the "calling party restriction" pointed to "Origination" the COG will ring 5 times the cover to the new station which hangs up the call.

Make the next and final step in your coverage path a VDN that points to a one-line vector "disconnect after announcement none".

Or make the last step an announcement that is either empty or just contains the word "goodbye", something like that.

Susan
You can have it all. You just can't have it all at once.

Thank you both for your suggestions.

I created a VDN and a vector which allows the call to drop after 5 rings. This worked.

Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back