Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

coverage path no ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

colec12

Technical User
Jul 28, 2011
US
I am having an issue with a coverage path. The first point is not ringing and goes to the next point(2). Everything looks good in the config.

Are you able to call point 1 directly?
Note that numbers that are not configured on a port local to the PBX have to be configured as remote coverage points first, before you can add them to a coverage path.

Does the first point also have an appearance on the original phone, or is it part of a group that both phones are a part of?

The first point does not have an apperence but the second does. Not sure what you mean about the same group..

I think he is meaning is it part of a pickup group. What is the first point pointed at? you said it doesn't have an apperance, so i take it its not a physical extension. is it a Coverage Path? a pickup group?

Scott

THe way it is set up phantom number 4600 has a coverage path first 7130 and then to 7291 (appereance).

If my memory serves me right, if the extension doesn't have an appereance, it will not ring. For 7130 to ring in the coverage path, you will need to assign it to something such as an extension, hunt-group, another coverage path....that way the system will knew where to send the call. from what it looks like right now the system see 7310, but doesn't know where it should send it.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back