Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coverage path for reception phone. Need assistance in programming this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

icartmanxx

Technical User
Jun 11, 2003
CA
Kind of hard to explain, but I will try.

We have a reception desk where the user is simply using a 6416D phone with expansion module. That set is programmed to use cov path 5. When I look at this cov path I can see that Point1=8014 and # of rings=6. Extension 8014 uses cov path 14 which has # of rings=1, Point1=attd and Point2=h1. The net effect of the above is that calls are coming in on our main line and ringing forever on her phone until they are picked up. Normally this isn't an issue as she doesn't get a lot of calls at the same time and can pick up in less than 8 rings.

Unfortunately our chairman tried to call in yesterday from overseas. He let the phone ring over 20 times and she was tied up on two other calls and missed it. He is quite upset and wants a better solution.

My original thinking was to reprogram cov path 5 and change Point1=8017, from 8014. Station 8017 is our night service menu and has cov path 3 assigned to it. Point1=h1 on that cov path. I did make this programming change but the phone just keeps ringing indefinitely which I cannot understand. I ended up changing Point1=h1 on cov path 5 and did verify that calls are ringing to vmail after 6 rings.

What can I do to have calls go into our night service menu (ext 8017) instead of going directly to vmail (h1)?

Thanks in advance...

If i understands you correctly put a night service destination on the trunk group form and a button on the reception phone to toggle as required

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

We already have a night service button, and it works fine.

What I would like is all calls to follow the same night service menu if the receptionist doesn't pick up after 6 rings. I need it to cut over automatically.

Can't you program a VDN - that'll give you a lot more options.....

regards,
Sekitori

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back