Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coverage Path for Attendant Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

vulcanccit

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2005
US
Seems to me I have asked Avaya about this and was told it was not possible. I have been asked if internal callers, when dialing 0...if it would go to an auto attendant after so many rings. I know the ATTN does not have a coverage path.. but I looked at the dialplan and 0 is set to a call type of attn. if I change that to extention, can I make an extention of "0" ?

I think this would cause issues, but wanted to run this by all of you.

If it is truly an attendant console you cannot change 0 in the dialplan to be an extension. You could put in a different type set (6424??) give it an extension number and treat it as a regular extension. 0 could then become an extension in the dialplan and you could cover it to the appropriate points.

Depending on the level of software you have, there is an attendant overflow which will play an announcement then keep in queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back