Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coverage Path 2????

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCP2000

MIS
May 24, 2002
US
Does anyone out there know how to utilize coverage path 2 on a station in a Definity PBX? How is this used by the system? Thanks for the help!

Not sure what you are trying to do. Coverage Path 2 will basically do whatever you want it to be utilized for. For example you can set the number of rings before the call gets routed differently. Coverage paths can be routed to voice mail, hunt groups, another station, vdn, cellphone or etc.

Yes, the inbound call to the principal will check the criteria for both path 1 and the 'Next Path', then will route according to the match of the call to the criteria. You expand your coverage options by adding the second path.

We us the 2nd cover path with FAC codes.
Our marketing dept. uses the second cover path to have calls go to their cell phones. (Send all calls 1 ring at the desk)
You can set them up just like a cover path going to voice mail. When you couple them with FAC you give them the access to change from cov 1 to cov 2 on the road or from the desk.

This option will need to be turned on in your switch.
Extended Cvg/Fwd Admin? y
look under Display SYS CU

Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

The Coverage path 2 on the station screen is used with Telecommuter software. Users dial in to a Telecommuter Number and using FAC codes change the Coverage path from 1 to 2. Number 1 for example is when the user is in the office. Number 2 will be used when they are working from home. This software will also allow the user to forward the phone to a Cell number if you let them.

Thats my story and I'm sticking with it.

ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

I need to fwd my ph to my cell while at lunch help me what do i do i am a dummy talk very slow

Sorry 1a22ip I try to use telecommuting to change the call forwading but whenever I dialed the DDI and and enter the fac, password, etc it did not work. If I did it locally it worked fine. Any ideas?

Telecomuter feature is a RTU based feature. Check your customer options to see if it is turned on. Also if your DID circuits are ISDN you need to front end Telecomuter with a vector.

Hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

The RTU for telecommuting is FREE after version 11! I am amazed at how many customers do not use this feature!

As far as working internally but not working off the PBX, you need to activate call-forwarding off-net on page two of "change system cover"

Andy Backs
MVD Communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back