Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coverage on an outside line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djarum

Technical User
Nov 9, 2001
US
If any one knows anyway to do this I would greatly appreciate it!!!
Directive has come from on high that our outside sales reps would like a "follow me" 800 number...Cant find a carrier in this area that offers it. I can get it to work if I can find out how to have the coverage path move to the next coverage path after hearing 3 rings( if at all possible). The call comes in goes to a station( say 1220) which has a coverage path (say 26) on this station..Call flow goes from the in house station to coverage path which has remote point of coverage (r2) which is sales reps home number...Now after giving rep 4 rings, can I program the switch to kill that outside trunk and route to reps cell phone and then back to company voicemail? (that being the final point of coverage for all these reps...they want one vm box...Have tried routing call with vdns and vectoring but if I can get the coverage path to hunt through "outside" lines that would seem to be easiest or getting all the coverage points to ring at the same time and then route to vm hunt group would be fine to!!...If it can't be done I would understand why, But just wondering if anybody in here has been able to do something like this,
Thanks very much....

Hi,

I don't believe that's possible without Avaya's DHD (Digital Hot Desk) - that route maybe worth exploring.

Hope this helps,

Chris

We have the telecommuting feature turned on on our G3si V8. What this does is let the user call forward their extension to any number: cell number, home, another extension...etc. The great thing is that they after setting them up on it, you don;t have to do any more programming, the users do all the forwarding themselves. Well with telecommuting feature the you can set the number of rings before the calls go back to audix. So in your case you would set up a 800 number that pointed to a DID that had telecommuting features programmed on it, the call would call-forward to numebr programmed by the user and if the user did not pick up within the specified amount of rings the switch would pull the call back and send to their audix voicemail. The only thing you have to watch out for is that the phone being forwarded to (ie. cell phone or home phone) cannot have the it's own answering machine or voicemail pickup before the call gets pulled back to audix. So if their cell phone voicemail is set to answer in two rings and the coverage of extension is set to three then the cell phone voicemail will answer first not audix. Hope this helps. Phone Boy/Slave

Hi
May be you can just activate mobile phone voice-mail box feature or forward ananswered incoming calls from mobile phone to somwhere else ? Read the instruction and customer available features for sales rep mobile phone.

Check your system-parameters coverage-option for the option CCRON (call coverage of calls redirectod off-net) and try to get that work. From there on, ask anything you come across.

Good Luck!

Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

-Please let me know if this was of any help-

Thanks for all the help...
The ccron feature was exactly what I was looking for...
But,After checking, I found that this was not turned on in customer options so my next call seems to be to avaya to get a price on turning this on because we seem to have all the associated hardware...
Thanks to everyone who answered my post!!!
Djarum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back