Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coverage holiday tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedithumbs

Technical User
Feb 2, 2011
GB
Hi guys,

Hope someone can shed some light on this. We have a site that doesn't use ACD call flow, It's purely back office with DDI, they use call answer groups within cover paths, i have noticed that holiday tables are present in these cover paths, How do these work? and is it possible to redirect calls to a different area (bank holidays etc). I dont want to redirect calls manually if there is a way round this.

Although this is currently setup, it doesn't work.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Holiday tables are a place to set the month, day, hour and minute that the holiday starts and ends. You would need to do a change holiday and the holiday number to populate the holiday information. In a cover path the holiday setting will case the call to cover to the points listed in the coverage points for inside and/or outside calls depending on the setting. This doesn't sound like it really would help you since you are trying to redirect these calls for holiday purposes. Is there a reason you are not using VDN's and vectoring for your call flows?

Thanks Rlayton,

I got the same answer from Avaya doc, I've never seen holiday tables in cov paths before so wondered if anyone else used this method. I'm not sure why this site has been config'd this way, i can only think it's due to cost, very annoying when people want as close as to ACD but use back office routing, oh well keeps us on our toes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back