Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coverage Answer Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

polska1979

Technical User
Nov 26, 2008
GB
Morning all

I have a department wanting all their phones to ring simultaneously and after 5 rings to go to group voicemail. I have set the coverage etc. But the only issue I have now is that the department has 10 phones and I can only assign 8 extensions.

Is theire anyway of increasing this or has anyone got an alternative solution?

Oh, I'm on CM5

Nope. 8 is the limit. You could ring 8 (3 rings), then a different 8 (CAG), then vmail. Sort of like having 16.

-CL

is the situation a call in to a specific extension rings all phones then dumps to a group mail box? Or is the situation a call to any of the 10 extensions rings all phones? If it is the former is the answer then why not have the call ring to a buzzer of some sort (stinger ringer if you want to be noticed) then just assign everyone into a pickup group. That way you can get loads of folks to pick up the line.

you could put a bridged appearance on the other two phones

MiloMindBender, It is the 2nd option - call hits hunt group number and then rings on all phones. I'm not sure a buzzer would be appropriate though.

Bridged appearance? whats that? (Could search but I'm knackered after a 14 hour night shift :-( )

Bridged appearance = a station's extension (line 1, 2, etc) on another station. Drawback is that when someone is on the line, that line is busy; another call cannot come in unless you have a 2nd bridged appr for line two, etc.

Susan
"An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you do know and what you don't."
- Anatole France

I think lopes1211's suggestion could work, afterall, if they are all in the same pick up group then they will know they can pick up the ringing handset.

As with most things, its all about user education.

You'll have to test but I don't think you can pick-up a covered call.

-CL

I wouldn't even do it with all 10 phones ringing. I would create a hunt group and have them sign into it. When you set it up so that 10 phones ring all at the same time you end up with 10 people who all say "I don't have to answer that, someone else will" When you create a hunt group it will ring to one of the 10 based on whatever distribution rule you set up and then that person knows they need to answer it. My two cents on that one.

If that's not acceptable to the users then I would use the bridged-appearances Susan recommends to minimize the number of rings a caller would need to hear before voicemail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back