Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cover Ans-Grp limit work around using phantom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vurk4

MIS
Aug 13, 2001
US
Using a suggestion I found from 2006 I added a phantom on port x pointed to a coverage path with a cover answer-group to an already existing cover answer-group in order to add 3 new members to the original cover answer-group that already contained 7.

When calling the new phantom the 3 I want to add do ring, but not when calling the original cover answer-group...

Any idea why or what I need to check or do to make this work?

Anybody? I'd like to be able to come up with a solution before the end of the day.

I hope it's something simple like enabling to terminate to cov pt with bridged appearance, although nothings bridged at this point so probably not that...

Not possible. Been discussed many times over. Best solution is to have 2 groups. try the 1st for 3 rings, then the second for 3 rings, then vmail. Put the level 1 people in the 1st group and supervisors/level 2 people in the 2nd.

-CL

Already have 7 in group 2...

I've already told them it's just not possible, and they're not interested in more effective/efficient solutions.

Unfortunately its being used as one of the excuses to replace with Verizon hosted.

what release are you on? as someone who has made use of the CAG many times over the years, i was excited to see that they increased the members from 8 to 100 in 6.3 (i'm pretty sure it was 6.3, maybe earlier, someone will correct me...)

i prefer clarity to agreement - dennis prager

Depending in your CM release you could look into enhanced call pickup alerting.

Yes, 6.3 bumps it up to 100. We are excited and can't wait to migrate to 6.3. We too have been banging our heads against the wall with the 8 limitation!!

Not running CM, it's an old G3, forget what release but I'd say about 10 years old, wouldn't suprise me if it was even much older than that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back