Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

couple MTE questions for merdian max

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddc79

ISP
Mar 18, 2002
US

first question, we have an old meridian max system btw, when i login to the mte software (v.8.11) i enter the supervisor id (no password is set), that lets me view queues, agents logged in etc, im trying to get into the system administration mode option #13...and it asks me for a password... i have no idea what this is...

i have administrative/console access to the main terminal, is there anyway to set or reset this from there, or obtain this... i have lots of passwords lying around but none of them appear to work, i've also tried some defaults...

second question, we have a supervisor who wants to access the mte program remotely from his home to monitor certain agents actions... mte works fine/connects from within our lan, but outside i've tried via my high speed net connection and it jus comes back with a connection refused, is there something somewhere that's prohibiting connections from outside of our class c ? the company that handles our pbx issues, that i cant handle, tells me there isnt anything, if it works inside it should work outside our network too...it has to be something blocked on a firewall/router... we dont have a firewall, but we do block icmp (ping packets) router level due to viruses...would that have any effect?

thanks for any information anybody is able to provide to me in advance.

todd

your blocking a used port, if your using vpn and just blocking one port, the max would not see a remote user any differently then a local.. don't know about that password. Max is but a fond memory..thank goodness

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Your vendor should be able to give you that password. If not it is in one of the screens in maint login. As for the access remotely not quite sure about that but the IP programming is in the same screen, or menu, as the password you are looking for, from what I can recall. You can always set up a modem port on MAX and just use that for remote access if this is required.

i'll have to run some packet sniffing util to see what port it uses, and have our sys guy force it to accept traffic on our main router... right now i just use a vnc/type deal to come into my computer at work from home and run it on that, which im sure is a possiblity, i was just looking at having him launch the program directly as a vnc type solution may work for me over broadband, but my supervisor will be using dialup, and remote connections over dialup tend to be rather sluggish for obvious reasons....

to --> mluckie1 , when you refer to the maint login do you mean logging into the MTE software there should be a maintenence login id, rather then the normal supervisor login id we use ? is there anyway to obtain that by resetting something in a load or viewing something in a load off the main terminal ?

I'm just starting to really get involved in all the pbx/phone related stuff, as the guy who previously handled it is no longer with the company, and his notes/files are not quite clear, most of his knowledge he took with him when he left :-( I appreciate everything !

To get into maint you would have to use the terminal in the switchroom. Usually located near the switch terminal or a second session on the VT520 (or VT320). It should be labeled. this is where the vendor will usually login at. Be aware that MTE probably will not print reports correctly if accessed by a different IP address from what it was when installed onto PC never really worked with dhcp always needed a static IP for MTE to print correctly.

hah the switch room is non-existant... my desk is adjacent to the switch, and the switch terminal is about 4 feet away... i have the login/password information for that... i just dont know the load to access the password information from... there's nothing written on or near it, cept the maint password which doesnt work for the mte sys administration password...

as far as mte goes, it works/allows logins from any system internally on the same class c from what i can tell ... ie: 123.123.123.xxx ... all our ips are assigned staticly... my computer never used to have mte on it, i just copied it over via the network one day and it let me login fine... i dont really use it to print reports though just to monitor the queues and what agents are doing...

There should be an RS232 connector located in that area somewhere that would allow you to use the maint terminal. Is there a session 2 defined on the Terminal? If not look on the cables that come of the MAX for this terminal connection. I cannot remember what port number it is but the MAX documentaton, install, should give you that information.

oh what fun... ok here's what i see... there's actually 3 terminals over there... one is a green terminal screen, which allows for access to the various loads/modifying phone/acd/dnis data etc... the other 2 are orange terminal screens with vt520 on them...

the first one is connected to port #1, and sys "sys console" on the cable, when i power this one one, it just has a blank screen and blinking cursor, i cant get it to display anything

the other one is on port #4 which says something like arq terminal on the cable, and when powered on shows the mte login and prompts me for my supervisor id, the only difference is it is all text and in orange...

cable with port 2 on it, says modem and has nothing attached, port 3 is another modem type cable...

those two orange terminals havent been powered on in ages as far as i can tell... the one orange terminal that displays nothing has a piece of paper attached to the monitor that has all the phone/agent logins on it and that's all that's there...

any ideas ?

thanks,

todd

I will have to brush off some old manuals to find out what baud rate should be and correct port.

Try madmax or MADMAX that was one of the default passwords that were on the systems we have.

MTE takes you to the user admin login screen, if you had a dialup access or maintenance terminal you would get to a screen where you have to type the id: maint and put in a maintenance password (the default there is sometimes maint) to get to the maintenance tools. OR login id: maxusr with a password (default is usually maxsup1). This second login gets you to the login screen you see when you start up MTE.

If you can get to the maintenance screen there is a password option where you have the choice to change the maintenance password of the user admin password. I don't thnk you can find out what it is. You can always get your vendor/support company to reset the password for you.

I have never tried to access the MAX through a VPN but we had to open up port GCP44240. Don't ask me what that is because I don't know. I have always connected via dialup but with MTE you have to be careful because your modem has to be COM 1 or COM 2

well i think i've gotten further then i've got all day... the first orange terminal on the left (of two) apparently is the maintenance terminal, the one that i powered up that has been off for years and years and got nothing but a blank screen... when i entered something for a username and hit enter it prompted me for a password and now displays "console login" ... so im guessing this is the maintainence login...

i have the logins for mte, and for the main terminal that you have to use a load for everything... no maintanence terminal passwords though...

i've tried the ones you suggested above, any every combination of everything i could think of or find, im guessing like the main/green terminal it probably locks out a user after a certain # of wrong tries... so ill have to wait and scavange around a bit more...

as for the **login id: maxusr with a password (default is usually maxsup1)** that brang up a screen that i normally see when i login to mte program... so i know im on the right track, but i guess i cant do anything with that one i need a diff u/p ... ugh...

we do have a modem attached to the main/green terminal, with the loads/lds, i can dialup to that, enter the password then see an exact replica of the terminal...

our passwords are not simple either, the main one is a word, then a combination of bout 8 numbers... so just guessing is probably out of the question...

grr ill look around and see if i can find any other passwords, most likely nobody wrote it down, like when our pbx guy had to dial in he didnt even have the password, and our "vendor" has probably been out of business for bout 10 years... so im sol i guess...theres no load to reset the maint passwd ?

Try maint password ntacdmax that was the default password for max. If that doesnot work try maint as ID and password. keep everything in lowercase.

mluckie you're awesome haha u/ maint p/ ntacdmax worked :) thanks a billion !!!

and the maint password was just freakin meridian ... ugh can you believe it :-(

er i mean system administration mode password in mte was meridian ::sigh:: :-(

You never know what the install tech had on his mind at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back