Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cordless phone on MICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

itcjohn

Technical User
May 21, 2007
US
I'm trying to get a cordless phone off an ATA to go off-hook and grab an idle line w/o dialing "9". I can't seem to make it work. I've tried prime line. Thanks for the help
John R

In system programming, setup an External Hotline, that dials "9". This will cause the phone to dial "9" whenever it goes off-hook. However, this will not allow the phone to make internal calls, retrieve from Park, etc.

If you are dialing 9 to get a line out of the KSU:
Try first going into Line Access and make the prime line Pool A
Make sure Lines are in pool A
Make sure access code 9 is given to pool A

Go into Hotline and make it External but use only FEATURE 78 (pause) as the digit.

If the Telco also requires a 9 then do as bwtc mentions.

Thanks for all the replies. I did the hotline setup but I had to put a pause before the 9 to get a co line. Now once I get my outside line my dial tone times out after a couple seconds. It doesn't appear to resricted. Is there any timers in programming I should look at? Appreciate the help.

Are you using a digital circuit? Do you have the same time out trouble on digital sets? If so, check with the CO.

I'm not using digital circuits and I don't have trouble on the sets. This is the only analog phone I have on it. I still need it to dial 9 on the hotline to access an outside line, right? Any other suggestions? Thanks

I said in my first post how to do it......you then instead put a 9 instead of just a pause so again....do you need 9 from the Teloc too? or just to get a line from the KSU?

Telco requiring 9 i.e Centrex:
Hotline External, Pause, 9.

Regular lines:
Hotline External, Pause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back