Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

copy selected field content activates page-up 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

arielap

Technical User
Aug 2, 2003
GB
This form has a 3 page pageframe; each page containing a grid. The pageup/down keys move between pages. Keypreview =.t.
The users want to be able to select part of a grid field and copy the selected text to another field (on the same page).

In development mode this works prefectly well -
ie select text, press ctrl+c, move focus to the destination field,press ctrl+v- and the selected text appears in the destination.

But NOT when compiled. Then ctrl+c does a pgDown (to the next page) instead of copying the selected text. Presumably because both pgdown and CtrlC have the same keystroke value (3).

How do I get the EXE to behave as the development version does

One thing I've done in the past is use copy, paste and reset icons. These allow an array to be populated with row/column data of selected items from the first grid. This array data can then used to paste into the second grid. It allows a multi-line and/or multi-column selection, along with multi-select abilities throughout the grid. Dynamic coloring lets it appear the way the user will see it (like how it handles multi-selecting in Excel). Requires a bit of programming, but once you get the class setup it's always there.

Other hacks I've done is use the toggle deleted mark for a "row selection" to select multiple rows for pasting, etc.

Lots of ways to do it, just requires some thinking and programming.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin

Interesting - thanks.
I'm always surprisised at what Fox and a bit (lot?) of programming can get done with data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back