Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copper DID's /universal trunk card

Status
Not open for further replies.

techgrl2

Technical User
Dec 12, 2002
US
Hello

The main att console has been ringing and showing this error.

7211 29 0

ld 80 i ran a

trac 0 7211

and a list of tn's appeard

example

all show idle exept 1

29 20 0 0 1 SBSY
28 20 0 0 2 IDLE
27 20 0 0 3 IDLE

i have diabled this tn which stopped it going to the
att console.

How do I run a test on this tn...
i guess i can trace it back to the mpoe.

Is there a phone number associated with this line?
from the local providor....an is it ground start.

thanks.

You can attach a test-set (Ground-Start, of course) to the trunk and call a display-enabled phone to see the CLID.

Also, print the trunk:

LD 20
PRT
TNB
20 0 0 1

... And look for an ATDN entry (Auto-terminate DN.) That'll be the ringing destination on your switch for any inbound calls from that trunk.

--T1PSTN

Try using a Maintenance Phone and grab that particular trunk and see if you have dial tone and can place a call.

It could be a LOOP start on a Ground start port. Or visa- versa

Prt the TNB to see how it is programmed.

hERE IS THE PRT OUT
OF THE TN- I HAVE NOT DONE TESTING YET.

tn 20 0 0 1
type DID
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
XTRK XUT
TIMP 600
BIMP 3COM
TRK ANLG
NCOS 0
RTMB 1 29
NITE
SIGL LDR
STRI WNK
SUPN YES
AST NO
IAPG 0
CLS UNR DTN WTA LPR APN THFD
P10 NTC
TKID
DATE NO DATE

wink start, go off hook, you will hear a click, then dial a dn. there is a ckt number on that did, not a phone number.. you traced the acod, that shows status of all trunks in that trunk group. i would pull the jumper off, dial into the switch, if that call is clean i would try, reversing tip and ring, then test with a butt set on monitor, you should here 4 (or 3) digits in bound.. if your getting to few, to many digits.. call the co.. another test, with the jumper off, go off hook and listen for the wink from the office... a wink is created by a quick reverse of battery, then back.. it works a clean set up and tear down request

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back