Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contact Store(7.8) Changing Call storage path 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

quasiplanter

Vendor
Nov 15, 2007
GB
Hi Guys,

A customer wishes to connect a Mass USB HDD to the existing CS PC where the Recordings are to be placed as the existing drive is almost at capacity (120Gb : ).

Does anyone know the correct procedure to change the target destination, as i understand there is a Reg key that needs to be modified with the correct Call Storage 'Path', however documentaion on this matter is very limited.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

yeah i've done it this way, it's a bit dodgy but it works... until it does'nt :)

Have a dig through the registry and change the key that lists the desination, then reboot everything.

ACSS-SME
fo shizzle ma nizzle.

yeah i've done it this way, it's a bit dodgy but it works... until it doesn't :)

Have a dig through the registry and change the key that lists the desination, then reboot everything.

ACSS-SME
fo shizzle ma nizzle.

Cheers Tom, ill have a dig through the Registry and see what i can do.

Many Thanks

Don't forget that you will need to move the existing recordings too...

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

no worries, thanks for the star.

tell them there will be some downtime to recordings, stop all services, copy the existing structure onto the new HDD, change the file paths (it should be dead easy to find, just look for the existing path) and start everything again.

I'm pretty sure it's not supported, but i've had it running like this for 2+ years with no issues, touch wood....

ACSS-SME
fo shizzle ma nizzle.

Exellent, and many thanks.

Ill keep my fingers crossed, hopefully should be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back