Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contact recorder ... resilence? ditch hdd on secondary 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonecable5

Vendor
Jul 30, 2015
MX
Hi everyone
i had a doubt about contact recorder (R10)
it is resilent?
some like this:

server select primary: core, vmpro, one-x, and additional hdd for C.Recorder

server select secondary: core, vmpro, one-X and additional hdd for Contact Recorder

on this setting, it can be ditched one disk on the secondary server?

(just because vmpro on secondary is making the recording, and when the primary server backs online, the vm pro secondary sends the recordings to vm pro primary and then syncs to Contact recorder?)

i am right?

The question about CR resilience is both a yes and a no.

Not in the sense that VM pro and One-X (new for R10) are resilient (as in full functionality is restored on the secondary once the failover period is finished). If the Primary server fails you will have no access to the CR web Browser, and no new recordings will be added to the CR library/database on the primary server.

Yes in the sense that while the secondary VM Pro is active, the VM pro service will record and save wav files into the opt/vmpro/vrl folder, and once the primary comes back up, these recordings will get synced back to the primary, and THEN CR will poll the newly populated opt/vmpro/vrl folder and do its thing.

So, partially resilient?

And there wouldn't be much point in a second hard drive in the secondary server, as the recordings will go nowhere until the primary comes back on line.

I think :)

GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back