Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting two ISDN30 to a Mitel 3300

Status
Not open for further replies.

MillTechNet

Technical User
May 28, 2009
GB
Hi,

Our Mitel 3300 has a module in the front of it labelled T1/e. It has two ports. Our current ISDN30 is connected to one of these ports.

Can we connect a second ISDN30 to the second port?

Will we need different licenses on the switch to support the two ISDN30 connections? If so, which ones?

We won't be running up the two ISDN systems to full capacity, this is while we look at switching over to a different ISDN provider/system so we will not exceed a total of 30 channels in use at any one time if that helps?

Thanks for any thoughts and help on this.

Tim

You will need to make sure you have a digital link license all PRI Links.
Check your licensing to see if you have 1 or 2.

We have only one digital link license!

I guess that means we would need another to allow us to connect the 2nd ISDN then?

I would like to know if anyone has administered Avaya Definity or Avaya Communications Manager/ Avaya VOIP and have experience with Mitel brand. Was the transitition easy to make in administration or did you have to be trained. Thanks.

you can email me off-line also at carol.welch@clarkmemorial.org.

Thanks.

What controller do you have , the T1 E1 is single interface card , the second port is used for failover.

The Dual E1 supports 2 T1 or E1 connections but cannot be used in CX controllers

Whichever way you go for every T1 or E1 interface you need a digital link license regardless of how many channels are in use.

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Oh!

We have a 3300MXe

So, are you saying I need another T1 E1 card or a Dual E1 then as well as the 2 digital link licenses?

I'm glad you guys are here to assist!

Many thanks.

yep! if it's a Combo T1/E1 then you will need a new card and of course the license.

Or... you can replece the Combo T1/E1 and fit a Dual T1/E1, then you will have both E1s in the same MMC.

But I think it will be cheaper to get a new Combo Card rather than the Dual T1/E1. Do whatever is cheaper and make sure you have enough empty slots to fit your new card.

Regards,

Daniel

You will first have to verify the model of 3300, Mxe, Cx, Cxi.
Dual T1/E1 is not supported on CX models.

I'm a little confused now! (It doesn't take much!)

The T1/E1 module plugged into the front of our 3300MXe switch has two ports (labelled 1 and 2), and two sets of LEDs suggesting that each port is a seperate input. I've looked online and some refurbished suppliers are selling an identical looking unit as a dual T1/E1 card although I'm always unsure if they have the image correct!

So, how can I tell the single from the dual just by looking at the front of the card? Is there anything in the 3300's settings that would identify which card we have?

Many thanks for all your help on this.

Just been looking in the 3300's Administration system and it says we have a Dual Framer so does that mean we have the correct card?

Yep sounds good , how many digital link licenses do you have

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

We have one license but have just ordered a second one so hopefully that will be us good to go!

You should be.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back