Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting 2 IP500's via T1 Crossover

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnutter1

IS-IT--Management
Jul 17, 2009
US
Can someone point me in the right direction.

A client has 2 IP500 PBX's both with T1's for outbound dialing. I want to create a PRI between the two for inter-PBX calling with 4-digit dial. It shows there are 3 PRI ports available but I cannot find where to actually add the PRI config in the manager interface.

You need the VCM for any IP voice traffic. You also do NOT need the SCN licenses unless you are going to share the VM between the sites and maybe a couple other features. Just build an IP trunk between the 2 sites and you can 4 digit dial, transfer calls etc. w/out an issue.

Figure it out damn-it!

Ok so the IP line is out, what do you want me to show from "control unit"

The 8 channels would be good, but how can I add that, Can it go with one of the other DIGSTA8 cards?

Shine52, you need networking licenses otherwise you will not have a working trunk !
Without it simply does not work at all

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

so can I purchase this PRI1 Daughter card for one of the other DIGSTA8 modules?

Yes you can
Keep in mind that the other system needs a free PRI card too !

RTFM.gif

You will also need the licenses for the card. it comes with 8 channels. if that is enough then you may be ok but more than 8 you will need a license.

Kevin Wing
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Yeah, one for each, I just wasnt sure how these modules worked. So in summary, I have to purchase two PRI daughter cards for my DIGSTA8 modules. then connect the two via a T1 crossover cable and configure the settings on both ends. at that point 4-digit dialing will work?

BTW can someone recommend the part number?

tlpeter, is this specific to IP 500's? I have a couple 406 and 412's working via IP Trunk w/out any licensing.

Figure it out damn-it!

Yes this is an ip500 thing

By default a 406 or 412 does have networking enabled by default
Avaya started to license this with the ip500

RTFM.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor