Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connected Blind Calls not transfering to voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

grantjb

IS-IT--Management
Sep 26, 2006
GB
When a call is coming in to our phone system with the status connected blind it doesnt switch on to voicemail after the no answer time has elapsed.

Can anyone give advice on how I get these calls to go to voicemails as all other calls do?

Cheers

Grant Bradford

IT Infrastructure Analyst

HMLLP

Yeah all calls go to voicemail bar calls that the status is connected blind on call status.

Grant Bradford

HMLLP

do you have a divert set up to forward somewhere else on no answer in the users' forwarding tab?

is the call for a group of user?
the no answer time on group is the time before it rings the next member. You will also have a voicemail answer time, and be sure to enable voicemail.
what version are you on?

No the call is straight to a DDI.

I have went through all the simple explanations for this already. Voicemail is enabled and works for every call barr ones marked as Connected Blind.

Im on 4.1 (15)

Grant Bradford

HMLLP

you do not explain well

Does the ddi go to a user or a group ?

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Its to a user, this is happening across the board however and not a particular user.

Thanks

Grant Bradford

HMLLP

What does monitor show ?

do you have a divert set up to forward somewhere else on no answer in the users' forwarding tab?

There are no forwards setup, verified this with the last user that this particular issue happened with.

Grant Bradford

HMLLP

@ tlpeter

I have monitor running, but Im hoping that this happens again and I can catch it.

Should have used monitor eailer as this will no doubt give us more info.

Grant Bradford

HMLLP

You did not answer the question but a good reader will see that voicemail is turned on (you told it in a different way)

you are on 4.15

What kind of voicemail do you use ?(embedded light or pro) and what version is it on (pro)

Does your user has a noanswer/busy forward set up ?
Are you having DS module and did you upgrade them to 3.2.999 first ?

Correct running 4.1 (15)

Iam running VoiceMail Pro version 4.1.42.

Are you having DS module and did you upgrade them to 3.2.999 first ? I wasnt too sure about this question so Im going to answer guessing that its meant to say do you have?

I would need to double check that with the installation engineer but the DS modules we have have just been installed and Im not entirely sure what steps he took when installing them. He is due in my office just now so I will post that info as soon as I get it from him.

Cheers

Grant Bradford

HMLLP

With 4.1.15 I had the exact same issue, we deleted the users account folder in VM and restarted the services, followed by a reboot for good measure, it cleared the fault for us.

ACS - IP Office Implement

Perhaps someone can explain a blind call? is it a blind transfer?

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

@ amriddle01 thanks I will give it a go!

@ MattKnight the help option states that it indicates that this end of the call is connected and that the other party on the call is alerting with either a blind transferred call or a transfer return.

Grant Bradford

HMLLP

Found the fix for this guys. Turns out that it was calls being transferred via reception (SoftConsole).
There is a setting "transfer return time" which by default has a value in it.

I deleted this value and calls now go on to VM. I confirmed this with our avaya partners and they tested this on demo kit and got the same issue. It seems that this problem happens with SoftCon when there is a value in that field.

Thanks for your help.

Grant Bradford

HMLLP

Thanks for posting the fix, bit of a bugger if you want certain transfers to return though!!

ACS - IP Office Implement

Yeah I know a bit annoying! Hopefully this might have already been fixed in 4.2 just waiting for a few maint releases before the installation guys are happy to upgrade.

Cheers

Grant Bradford

HMLLP

>...Hopefully this might have already been fixed in 4.2 just waiting for a few maint...

Um, why would this need fixing - as I read the post, the transfer return time setting is behaving exactly as it should... (the fact that you don't want a transfer to return to recepetion is another thing)

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back