Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CONNECT 2 AVAYA IP406 V2 BETWEEN 2 SITES 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkondilys

IS-IT--Management
Apr 24, 2003
US
Hey Guys,

Anybody that can help or shed some light on best way to connect 2 avaya ip406 v2 units over a leased line? if I do this, and I have the vcm module installed, will employee at location A be able to reach employee at location B over the wan to avoid phone carrier costs? Any documentation would help!

Thanks

can you do a tracert from one side to the other and see what IP addresses show up.

hey kwing...

tracert from the ipo unit itself you mean?

you cant do it from there but i am wondering if your network is more like this below

Internet---- Internet
IPO------Router-------point to Point----Router-----IPO

thinking that maybe you have your IPOs pointed to the internet not the routers

this might help:

IPO---FIREWALL--ROUTER---POINT2POINT---ROUTER--FIREWALL---IPO

How do you get T'internet access out of interest from your topology?

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
CCENT - Cisco ICND1
CCNA - Working towards.

Please post the results of the traceroute!

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

i have a point2point leased line between site a and b, internet is supported by another leased line as follows:

LAN---FIREWALL--ROUTER---WWW

The firewall has multiple ports available so you can use them as desired.

Please try to avoid the firewall
If possible then connect straight to the router or point to point equiptment on both sites and see if it works
There realy must be something in the network
We are all (my opinion) out of options

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

hey peter,

thats what i'll be doing next week. connecting directly to each other and avoiding the firewall. my head hurts. I will definitely get back to you guys with feedback soon after testing is done ok? thanks for all the help...

No problem

ps, is think this is about the biggest threat as far i know :)

how can i get a tracert from the IPO unit itself anyway?

You can't set to tracert from IPO however, set your laptop/desktop to use the ip office as its default gateway and see what happens then when doing a trace route from command line.

ACA - IP Telephony
CCENT - Cisco ICND1
CCNA - Working towards.

You can't
You can use systemstatus to ping but no tracert i believe

So, I take it your LAN uses one common DG and the firewall denotes via access list or similar to route Site B Traffic over the P2P and other traffic via a default route in firewall/router?

Sorry for all the network questions but any issues in the configs would have been spotted by the guys who have looked at them

ACA - IP Telephony
CCENT - Cisco ICND1
CCNA - Working towards.

What i would do is take the routers and put them on your network with a inside Ip on the lan interface and then change your IP routes on the IPO to point to them. then you can update your firewall to use that address for any traffic going to the other site for your data. Are you by any chance trying to NAT thru the firewall over to the PTP. i am betting that is it. you can not use NAT with the IPO.

yup! thats exactly correct provider. 1 DG for everything, and static routes to manage traffic. 1 internal interface, and multiple external interfaces.

Have you any spare internal interfaces on the firewall?

ACA - IP Telephony
CCENT - Cisco ICND1
CCNA - Working towards.

provider,
i do have spare internal interfaces....

mmm, thinking aloud here, could we set up some short term route on these p2p?

Point the IP Offices to use the Internal interface as the new temp DG and have no access lists/port blocks/nat translations/router on drugs activity.

Just a nice simple route on the IPO, simple route on the internal interface to next router hop and see what we get then.

ACA - IP Telephony
CCENT - Cisco ICND1
CCNA - Working towards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back