Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Confused w/ Partner R.7 w/ VM PC Card 3.0L 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

grunt68

IS-IT--Management
Jul 11, 2002
US
I installed a Partner ACS R 7.0 w/ VM PC card 3.0 L and I am confused with information on setting AA and General Delivery MB. There are 2 documents on Avaya site for Installation & programing. Both for version 3.0, one dated Nov 97 the other June 2000. One says MB # 1 is by default associated w/ attendant (10) and caller will be able to leave msg on if he remains on line. Newer one indicates you need to xfer to a MB to leave general msg. Also confused on Nite Connect, there is only 1 main greeting available so why have nite connect?

Would appreciate some guidance.

Grunt 68,Miami, FL

The purpose of night service is to tell the phone system when to play the greeting. Based on how you program the modes and delay instructions, the calls will be routed immediately to the greeting or can be sent after "x" number of rings, where you set the "x" based on time of day and/or use of the night service button. With regard to the voice mail general mailbox, I believe the PCMCIA mail only goes to extension 10.

Grunt68,
Here is a link to the 3.0 PC admin guide. This one is for Release 3. The next site is @ Avaya.com you can change the release and then select the documentation you want. You will need to get the admin documentation and print it off to make the changes or understand the call routes.
Hope this helps.
Thanks

The only thing the night button does with PC large or Small is change when the Auto Attendant answers if at all.
One main greeting and upto 16 mailboxes only. There isn't a general mailbox and the zero timeout action is transfer to extension 10 it cannot be changed but you don't have to give a mailbox to extension 10.

Ok, so only one greeting and #10 is the catchall, that is how I have it working now. Thanks to all for the fast response.

Grunt68

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back