Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring ROLMPHONE 400 on Hicom 300 E

Soulece

Programmer
May 1, 2024
US
Hello,

So I built a new extension for our new customer service manager. However, despite copying verbatim, the extension profile from the previous manager/customer service users, the RP400 does not show the status lights for the lines saved in the REPDIAL buttons. However, all the other customer service employees have those lights to show who is forwarding their phone, who's line is in use and so on. I've tried everything in LC-WIN that I could find to try to get the lights to come on and nothing. I've checked the manual to no avail. It seems to be tied to the extension because if I take that same phone and plug it into the extension of someone who has the lights, then the phone will show the lights. I'm at wits end over this and I was hoping someone might have an answer for me.

Thanks in advance!

Please show
reg-sbcsu:XXXX; new manager number.
reg-sbcsu:YYYY; old manager number.

RP400_pe3kzf.jpg
LC-WIN_ec2h1t.png

I'm not super familiar with the PBX system outside of this LC-WIN program, so I'm not exactly sure what you are asking for. Can you walk me through finding the information you need? I'm not familiar with "reg-sbcsu:XXXX

REG-SBCSU:xxxx;
Is Hicom 300/HiPath 4000/OpenScape 4000 (NOT Rolm USA)

Do you perhaps know how to fix this lack of status lights?

Try
REG-ZIEL:DSS,xxxx;
REG-ZIEL:NAME,xxxx;

Where xxxx is the extension number

I don't know where I would input this. I only have the LC-WIN program. How would I input these commands? Putty into the PBX?

If it's a Hicom 300 then probably use Comtes or Comwin
But putty might get you connected.
Do you have any info from those who previously maintained it ?

I have next to no documentation from the previous administrators of the PBX. I taught myself how to use LC-WIN to do the majority of our needs for the PBX and we have a contract with a company to help us with anything beyond what we can do in LC-WIN but they want us to pay large sums of money for even basic tutorials on how to fix things. I'll see if I can connect using Comwin or putty and see where we stand from there.

Is it a serial connection or a LAN connection - do you have any shots of the processor ?

I thought LCWIN had a Direct AMO option? I'm not sure. That's what you'd want to access. If not what's required is a serial connection to the RMX port on the processor, 4800 baud, 7,E,1. I used to use a certain keyboard mapping with Procomm, otherwise Enter is Ctrl-C. Initially you'd see ####### when connecting to the RMX port, I think Ctrl-C to initialize and connect.

Being a 9006, the AMO would be SCSU. I don't recall ZIEL, but its been a long time. You mentioned repdials. Repdials don't have corresponding lights, but DSS keys do. Unlike the Rolm system, the Siemens 9006 could not have a line appearance of an analog line like another digital phone, it had to be a DSS. The DSS key will light when the line is in use or ringing, and has the option of one tone interval when ringing. You don't get dial tone when you press the DSS key of a line, instead the line will ring. If these are appearances of other digital phones I'd program them as line appearances.

I don't recall how to do it in LCWIN, but the AMO would be CHA-KEPRO? to assign a particular key layout. Maybe you can reference the one working as desired to get the KEPRO number.

Yeah, it would be DSS - Direct Station Selection - which shows the LED if busy etc.
It could be CTRL-C or CTRL-T to connect when you see the line of ####

There is an LC WIN iso CD Image and 9005 Config PDF available at
faq965-7883

That's right, I forgot about CTRL-T! Cool download documentation and an LC WIN image is still available. Siemens would send those CDs to branch offices quarterly I think. There's still some stores in the U.S., and maybe other companies where you'll still see these Rolmphones, but some are actually on a Rolm 9751. It was quite a task in Santa Clara California to integrate the Rolmphones with the Siemens SLMOs when the 9006 was introduced.

I wonder how many 9006s are still in service. I'd always check the DAT backups on mine weekly, and often see failures and need to clean the DAT drive.

Great stuff !
If you have any documentation etc. let me know and I can make it available there on 'GigaTribe' - thanks.

Ok - I'll check to see if I still have any of those CDs, and hopefully a laptop with a working CD drive!

sbcsu - I found a CD from 2005 and was able to get 'Hicom300' and 'Hicom300H' information from it. Unfortunately it's just the individual.pdf files. You'd need to access each one and rename the file. The CD has a menu function that would access the corresponding .pdf. May be info you already have posted, but in the Hicom300 folder there's an EMML reference.

I've made it into a zip file, I see the attachment option but I don't know if I should use that, to ENGINEERING.COM

Hi Keyset6
Plaease indeed try to upload it to engineering dot com and we will see -

Hi sbcsu, last night I tried to look at some files again, and it's saying the .rar is corrupt. I'll need to access the old laptop with the CD drive again to see what I can do. Worse case maybe not compress the files.

Hey sbscu - I made a new .zip file. I'm able to at least open the .pdf files within. This particular folder I re-copied from the CD doesn't have the EMML reference doc, but does have AMO reference which is probably more relevant. But, the .zip file exceeded the upload limit to I removed the Customer Site Planning, and Installation and Service Guide, so I'll upload those separately.

I can't tell by looking at my post if the file was uploaded. Will try to upload the 2 I removed from the .zip here. I renamed them accordingly.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back