Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conferencing a Call to a VDN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bseymour

Technical User
Feb 12, 2004
US
Is this a system restriction? It seems that we are unable to conference a call into a VDN. We're receiving denial event 1746.

From the Admin manual: A call to a VDN can be included as a party in a conference call only after vector processing terminates for that call (for example, after a successful route-to command).

Susan
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls, and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

I've same problem and I found that the VDN cannot be a conference party... just wonder how is work on some call centre can be make a call to IVR with customer...

Use the feature code Converse data return code when working with an IVR. You must have the call vectoring prompting features turned on. If you do have it turned on, it will be on page 5 of disp feature-access-code. Not sure if it is on the money page or not... But if you don't see it in disp feature, look there...

If my converse data return feature code was *44

The IVR dial string would be *44 then your VDN..

I speak from experience as I just did this last week...

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Wildcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back