Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conference Bridge without Conference Center using VM Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

BURLYMAN

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2002
US
I have VM Pro and would like to know how to configure it so a caller can call into the autoattendant and transfer themselves to a predefined conference with a PIN code. There is an avaya document that touts the ability of doing this with just VM Pro and IPO without an other software but is it possible? I cannot find any documentation on how to configure this at all. Thank you!!

In the helpfile of Voicemail Pro is an example how to do this.

Mainly it is nothing more than a transfer to the "Conference Meet Me" functioncode.

What do you search on in the VM Pro help file? I've done a few searches and couldn't find much. Thanks!

The ConferenceMeetMe function does not use PIN codes. If you want to set up a MeetMe conference all you need to do is setup a shortcode as follows:

SC:555 (or any number you want for the shortcode)
T:1
F:ConferenceMeetMe
LG:0

Then you can designat a DID number and have that DID route to the new shortcode in the incoming call route.

You can define PIN numbers if you use VM Pro for the MeetMeConference. You can even use the wav files that were designed for the Conference Center. Build a Menu with the touchtones needed for the conference rooms then use an assisted transfer with a PIN number assigned.

In the helpfile search for conference. You should see a result called "Voicemail Pro Samples". Open this page. Under "Modules" you should see a link to a PDF about conferencing.

Good luck.

It is as easy as this. Go to your incoming call routes, make a route to "VM:ConferenceAutoAttendant"

In the IP Office you make 5 or system short codes that go to Conference Meet Me 1 through 5

In the IP Office you make 5 users that are call forwarded unconditionally to those corresponding 5 System Short Codes. You do this because you can't aim the voicemail PRO at a short code, but you can aim it at a user that is forwarded to a short code.

In the voicemail Pro you start out with a module with the name of your incoming route. Create 5 more modules called Conference Bridge 1 through Conference Bridge 5. Your Auto Attendant will have 1 touch dialing to these other modules

In the voicemail PRO, go to users, create the 5 users that are CFWDed to the Conference Meet Me features

In each of these conference bridge modules you will of course have a start point, than a "check digits", this is your password, than a transfer to your true statement to the users you created previously created.

I insert WAV files into each of these sections asking "please enter your password followed by #

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back