Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

compatibility Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildGun

Technical User
Jan 13, 2005
US
Hi

I have a CICS with firmware (NT7B66CY CICS-SIP 6.1 MR FC) and I am trying to use it with a StarTalk Flash firmware (NT5B78DJ ENG/S S/W Ver 1.50 9902) are they compatible? They do not appear to be no matter what I do the CICS will not communicate with it and when I do a maintenance port check it sees a "STK1" device what ever that is.

Thanks
Randy

STK1 mean that the CICS sees the Star Talk on that particular port.

exmogger is correct with the software release needing to be 1.9 or higher.

Try Feature **XFTEST to see what features are enabled.

If Feature 983 is enabled then you can initialize it.

NCSS NCTS NCTE

Thanks to both of you and no F983 does not work either, I will have to get a newer version. I also am using the internal ATA for a cordless phone, is there any way to get the caller ID to display on the cordless phone. I have configured the port for CID and told it to display in telco features. I also have a stand alone ATA if that would work any better.

Thanks again
Randy

True on both counts. I'm sure we'd all like to see Clid passed to ATA's, but Nortel hasn't come through yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back