Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Comparison of different Partner series?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlshelton

Technical User
Apr 16, 2003
US
Is there a good comparison between the various different series of Partner available? It appears that Partner ACS is the only one still being manufactured. How do the others (Endeavor, Plus, original, etc.) differ? How compatible are the parts?

Thanks.

The Endeavor evolved into the ACS. They don't make the Endeavor any more and I wouldn't buy one as the cards are hard to get. You can still get the Plus and the II but why do it when the ACS is a much better system with more flexibility, the new R6 will support T1 and the coming R7 will support PRI.
Hope this helps.

The Endeavor was made concurrently with the ACS. It was originally supposed to be available through distributors such as Graybar for Non-Business Partners, before the current Business Partner model was in place. It is truly strange equipment, and I'm glsd that it is no longer made.

Tommy,
I've only had two customers with the Endeavor and I agree, strange set up. They both are now in the ACS. I was told that the Endeavor led up to the ACS buy my Avaya rep. (guess he doesn't know as much as he thought) which doesn't suprise me[wink]

Is the upgrade from R5 to R6 really just a matter of getting a new PCMCIA card to stick in the processor? Or does it require a new processor?

TIA,

Troy

Hi tsettle,
The upgrade is that simple. What feature is it that you need?

-Chris

The T1 module actually, but I'm going to hold off until PRI is supported. I got really excited when I learned of the T1 module, but was totally dismayed that it only support 16 channels and is CT1 rather than PRI.

My question was actually prompted by my suprise that after all this time, Lucent/Avaya finall came up with a way to upgrade the system without having to replace the hardware.

Avaya/Lucent/AT&T has been building phone systems and other telecom equipment for over a century now, and they're just starting to figure out how to make the low-end systems (which are typically used by non-technical people) a little more user friendly.

The first time I layed eyes on a phone system (Legend), I was completely dumbfounded that they couldn't include at least a console port for programming (telnet would probably be asking a bit much). It was much fun programming that thing with a MLS-12 (or whatever phone I actually had at the time).

-Troy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back