Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Communication Manager Messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zink71

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2005
US
Hello,
I am starting at a new company which is about to implement a completely new system. My phone vendor is trying to tell me that the CM Messaging does not do POP and IMAP well. They are trying to sell me another 3rd part product to do faxing. I came from a shop that had an Audix Intuity. I am suprised to hear that POP to email is not working well or does not work at all. Can anyone give me some insight here ?

I think the vendor is trying to sell products based on the comission they will make and not based on whether the product is right for the job or not.

CM messaging does do pop and imap, I use it every day.

[Started on Version 3 software 15 years a go]

Well, The vendor told me that they had a previous customer have problems with the digitization of the faxing. Perhaps they were codecs issues, who knows. But, they said they had level 4 Avaya look at issue, and tech said it would be fixed. Meanwhile they had an angry client. So now they go with Multitech add-on for $1500.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back