Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

combos as search criteria problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davide77

Technical User
Mar 6, 2003
CH
Hallo,
I have a form with combos for search criteria. The source of the combo are different tables and I made a UNION with "*", "<ALL>" in order to have the possibility to select every possibility for one combo.

The problem is that the <All> consider all the fields that are filled in but it leaves out the null fields.

I tried to put as criteria in the OR line: is null. But then the query will always give me also the null ones.

Do you have a suggestion for an effective search with combo boxes, that also manages null fields.

thanks

Steve,
the code I'm using as combobox source is this:

SELECT tbl_Person.ID, tbl_Person.Nome FROM tbl_Person UNION SELECT null, "<All>" FROM tbl_Person;

as shown in the faq: faq702-4538.

The example you gave me suggest to write null instead of "*", but this won't work at all...

sorry the code I'm using is:

SELECT tbl_Person.ID, tbl_Person.Nome FROM tbl_Person UNION SELECT "*", "<All>" FROM tbl_Person;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back