Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combo Cards not supported on this platform 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewl99

Technical User
Nov 23, 2005
CA
Hi, I have a new IP500 V2A cabinet with a VCM64 and Combo Card in it Prod ID 700504032, brand new system and card. When powering on the system at 11.0.46 and applying licenses, in Manager, in the error list I get a couple errors, Combo cards not supported on this platform and A valid software license must be configured for this version of firmware. The combo card works, I can plug a digital phone in and it works, just not sure why there are these errors?

ACSS - (SME)

Yes, essential license present and valid.
multimatic1_bhqghj.png

multimatic2_ywiheh.png

Multimatic3_cmgnfn.png

ACSS - (SME)

OK so a few things going on.

"A valid Software Upgrade license must be configured for this version of firmware"
This means the control unit is locked into a release prior to the release you are running. My only guess is your license is entitling you to run R10 but you are running R11? I don't what else it could be since it is PLDS licensing.

If you go to file>advanced>upgrade it should show what you are running and what you are licensed for.

"Combo cards are not supported on this platform"
I have never seen that error before sorry but I did do some searches:

Looks like the end solution was replace the card

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

It’s asking for an upgrade licence.

Was this system used before at another software level.
I mean switched on and a phone plugged in.
If so it will lock at the previous software level

And have you decided to upgrade it to software level 11.0.46
Thus now requiring and upgrade licence.

Try downgrading back to the original software level and see if it works without the alarms .

This was a brand new cabinet, created the sd card at 11.0.46, put in the system and powered on, uploaded license file and these are the errors I got.

ACSS - (SME)

License file is R11 as well, FYI.

ACSS - (SME)

It seems like something isn't right based on the available info. If it is a new system, with a R11 license, you shouldn't get an error needing an upgrade license and I have never seen the combocard is invalid error before. I would still check the upgrade wizard just to see what it says what version it thinks you are running and what version it thinks you are licensed for.

If you have another SD card you could try just to rule out some kind of weird corruption in config or a bad SD card.

Ya, it is strange not sure if it is related to the new hardware or what it is.

Multimatic4_cekjrl.png

ACSS - (SME)

might be this.
The Avaya IP Office IP500V2A is the latest control unit in the IP Office IP500 suite of products, supporting IP Office Release 11.1 and higher.

Ip 500 V2A prod ID 700514867

ACSS - (SME)

Hi there.

Silly question but you are aware you can only have 2 combo cards in a control unit, correct?
I had to fight with one of my co-workers when they tried to put in 3 and he wouldn't believe what i was saying.

(I think he is getting out of the hospital next week.... grin)

Regards

Oh I did not know the IP500 V2A needed R11.1 or higher. Does anyone have that documentation they can share?

Ya, what little documentation I have found supports that claim, 11.1 and higher, but nothing from an Avaya website that I have found yet...

ACSS - (SME)

I found the same thing, just not sure what the "subscription" part is referring to.

ACSS - (SME)

I would call your supplier and see what they have on this. You can also raise a case with Avaya.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back