Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combo Cards not supported on this platform 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewl99

Technical User
Nov 23, 2005
CA
Hi, I have a new IP500 V2A cabinet with a VCM64 and Combo Card in it Prod ID 700504032, brand new system and card. When powering on the system at 11.0.46 and applying licenses, in Manager, in the error list I get a couple errors, Combo cards not supported on this platform and A valid software license must be configured for this version of firmware. The combo card works, I can plug a digital phone in and it works, just not sure why there are these errors?

ACSS - (SME)

Found on the KB this

a simple picture showing that the new IP500V2A is crap.( I mean only supported by R11.1 and up)

They will force all the customers that have a blown up cabinet to the new release.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

IPO1_w8bzvn.png

There is also a new DS-8 card - DS-8A that must be used with the IP500 V2A

IPO3_fxteoy.png

No issue with Combo cards at all at most software levels, and yes maximum of 2 Combo cards per IP500 V2 / V2A

Im guessing he is seeing these issues because he has an IP500 V2A running R11.0 not R11.1. Should upgrade to highest R11.1 release and see if those issues go away.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

I would agree with crichey.... The IPO 500 is greyed out on the upgrade screen. R11.0 to 11.1 is a free upgrade.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

I supposed that the R11.0 SP7 (which Avaya declared) would solve this problem. Let's say the old cabined is nomore available as replacement neither, I wonder what should we do on middle aged (from 8.1 to 10.1) systems in case of hardware fault.

Avaya do keep maintenance stocks of major items even after they have gone end-of-sale in order to assist customers who have support contracts. That said, if you're running 10.1 or earlier then you're not supported.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Sizbut, we all know IPOSS including APR is not so cheap for most of small customers, let's imagine a R10.1 end user with a windows based environment and a IP500v2 in a hardware fault: migrate to R11.0 to replace the cabinet could be an option they could accept, not to be forced migrating to R11.1 and replace servers, applications, database connected to VMPro, etc etc, don't you?

You can install Application Server on a Windows 10 PC running Hyper-V. Even a small business can afford a PC capable of doing this.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

This is apauling, there should at least be an overlap period withthe supported cards Ie the system should support DS8 as wellas DS8a
I cant think of another time that a hardware was ditched without warning like this except the sudden demise of the DT modules halfway through the field tiles of V3.0 (& the subsequent renaming of V2.1 to 3.0DT to hide the error)

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Avaya Remote Support Engineer (A.R.S.E)

Just had a chat with some nice folks in Welwyn Garden (still home to many of the Avaya IP Office team). The docs should say:

"The DS8A and IP500 V2A are supported with:
[ul]
[li]R10.1.0.6 or higher[/li]
[li]R11.0.4.1 or higher[/li]
[li]All R11.1[/li]
[/ul]"

Apparently the DS8 cards rely on a component on the IP500 V2 motherboard which has become unobtainable (both are over 16 years old and a PCS replacement with a alternate component wasn't possible). The new DS8A cards were designed to not need that component in the control unit and so will work in both the old and new control units. However, the old DS8 cards won't work in the new IP500 V2A due to that now missing component.

#Sizbut, where did you read that statement about IP500v2A and previous softwares? Just read the R11.1 FP2 Offer Definition, it says: "Release 11.1.x or higher software is required to support the new IP500 V2A and DS8A modules."

As I said "Just had a chat with some nice folks in Welwyn Garden." It's where some of the original IP Office developers are still based.

sizbut
the OP states that his system is 11.0.4.6 and it still showed the error so Welwyn Garden has told you wrong :)
the 11.0.4 is not working either or maybe they have it working on 11.0.4.5 and dropped the ball on .6 hahaha

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back