Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combo boxes dependent on combo boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

commanderrico

Technical User
Jul 21, 2003
US
In a table I have 3 different combo boxes that I want to be dependent on each other. If I choose an option from the first combo box I want the next combo box to display only the options for what I picked from the first combo box, and so on. For example, in the first combo box I have Fruit and Vegetables and if I pick Fruit, I want only Apple, Orange, and Banana to come up in the next combo box. And if I pick Vegetables I only want Cucumber, Celery, and Broccoli to come up in the second combo box. Dumb example, but you get the idea. Thanks for your help.

Rico

This has been answered in several prior threads. Check out thread702-587626, I think that will help you.

Good luck.

Anthony J. DeSalvo
President - ScottTech Software
"Integrating Technology with Business"

Actually, the records I have are already in one table, that is from your example, my make, model, and color are all in one table. Is there a way to do it from this point or would I have to redo everything?

Rico

Use the same logic as described, instead of selecting from another table, use the same table as the RowSource for the other ComboBox's.

Hope this helped!

Anthony J. DeSalvo
President - ScottTech Software
"Integrating Technology with Business"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back